How to prepare this storm season
Queensland is known for is beautiful days, and sudden vicious storms! The best thing we can do is be prepared this storm season before they start rolling in, and is important not to forget the largest thing covering your family’s head – YOUR ROOF.
It is essential to have your roof inspected every year (or after any major events, such as hail storms) for any signs of damage.
When inspecting your roof your tradesman should look for:
- Any tiles that are cracked, broken or displaced. They will need to be repaired
- Inside your roof space will need to be inspected, specifically your sarking (the waterproof insulation membrane)
- Any build up of dirt should be removed, as it can block the drainage channels on the underside of tiles
- Your gutters and down pipes should be cleared out. Blockages can cause the water to overflow under the eaves into the roof cavity
- The valleys of your roof should be cleared of any leaves, as these will make their way into your gutters during heavy rain
- Check your insurance policy is current and adequate
Every 5-7 years it is ideal to have your re-pointing and re-bedding inspected, as this can be an entry point for water if it is cracked.
Remember storms can hit at any time, so always best to have your roof inspected before you are bunkering down. Call Brisco Roofing today for a FREE roof inspection on 1300 166 209 or visit us at briscoroofing.net.au.